Start the morning off with a guided drive to Stellenbosch and visit our first farm which is a boutique wine estate with stunning views of the Stellenbosch mountains and experience intimate cheese & wine pairing with the wine maker when she is around. We head to the cuisine capital of SA, Franschhoek. We visit our second farm situated on the foot of the mountains for a world class wine tasting experience. Followed by a beautiful lunch and wine tasting at yet another award-winning estate. In Franschhoek you will have the chance to walk off your lunch, strolling down the main road. We head back over the stunning mountains to Stellenbosch for a guided drive through historic Stellenbosch and onto our last farm for a cellar tour, wine and chocolate pairing. Filled up and merry, we head back to Cape Town to be home at about 18:00pm.
Wine Flies Wine Tours is a proud member of SAYTC, Cape Town Tourism and HI. Our guides are extremely knowledgeable and have valid Professional drivers permits as well as being SATOUR guide registered.
IMPORTANT COVID NOTICE: We are taking all the COVID-19 protocols.
Good to know
- Minimum age is 17
- Please let us know where you are staying in Cape Town and we’ll confirm with an estimated pick up time.
- Itinerary is subject to the wine estates availability on the day.
- We do require a minimum of 4 pax to have a confirmed tour.
- We accommodate up to 9 guests per vehicle.
- Subject to availability. Our busiest days are Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
- A cellar tour, all wine tastings paired with customized cheese, chocolate and cured meats, as well as lunch are included.
- We visit 4 different wine estates in both regions (famous farms and some hidden gems only known to locals).
- Pair a variety of locally produced, world-class cheeses.
- Cellar and vineyard tour, teaching us how wine is made, how to taste wine, food and wine pairing, what bottle to order at restaurants...
- A beautiful light lunch is served in the middle of the wine lands overlooking the Franschhoek valley.
- A diverse range of wine styles.
- Local treats of cured meats paired with selected wines.
- Artisanal chocolate (Fair trade accredited) paired with different wines.
- Stroll down the beautiful main road of Franschhoek.
- All other meals and drinks
- Items of a personal nature
- Face mask
- Dress comfortably as you will be going up into a couple of cellars and they have a few flights of stairs to experience the wine making processes.
Looking for more of the best tours, activities and experiences?
Fantastic and insightful wine tour. Sharif took great care of us and gave us a deeper understanding about the wine making process. We paired our wines with chocolate and cheese and it was truly a great experience. The people that hosted us at the various wine farms were friendly and knowledgeable. This is a must do if you're in cape town.
We had an absolutely amazing wine experience with Wine Flies! Our tour guide (Markus) was also very delightful and he really went the extra mile to make our tour as memorable as possible. I would highly recommend their tours for a a truly unforgettable experience
We had an absolutely awesome day in the Stellenbosch and Franschoek winelands, driven and guided by Sharif who kept things light and fun all day, but was very informative. Clearly passionate about wine and experienced at tour guiding.
I was lucky enough to join some friends on the Forgotten Route Tour to the Karoo. Marcus had the best roadtrip playlist and stories of all the places we visited. He knew where to find the best of everything as well as made us feel like Lords and Ladies throughout our trip. It was a lovely way to meet people and to explore a little bit of our country and of course the gem that is Maatjiesfontein.
This is a must do tour - dress up and let your hair down. Go with the flow and you will have a magical time. I highly recommend the @winefliestours
Brilliant tour wit Kobus. Loved the small estates we visited with a knowledgeable operator
Epic wine experience
Visit hidden gems/vineyards
The pairings are on point, lunch is amazing
Great customer service
Well priced tour for what you get
So much fun and well organised
Friendly and experienced guides
Picks and drop off can be time consuming when busy
Language can be a barrier for non-English speakers
A must try!
Best wine tour company in the Western Cape. Very knowledgeable guide. The reservations manager Loreal is very helpful and friendly. Highly recommend attending their tours.
Strict Cancellation Policy
The guest can cancel free of charge until 7 days before arrival. The guest will be charged the total price if they cancel in the 7 days before arrival.
Terms & Conditions
The beauty of Table Mountain, Lions Head and the Atlantic Sea Board coastline from the comfort of our kayaks is unrivalled. Dolphins, seals, penguins, Sunfish and occasionally whales frequent our Cape Town.