In line with traditional balloon flights, our classic air balloon flight offers guests the serene beauty of floating gently over the Cradle of Humankind or the Magaliesberg, while sipping on champagne. The pilot allows the hot air balloon at times to drift at tree top height and at other times will ascend into the skies, offering guests a panoramic view of the beautiful African landscape below.
We have air balloon launch sites located in the Cradle of Humankind and the Magaliesberg that have been chosen for their close vicinity to the majority of lodges in the area. Alternatively, we will launch from any lodge that is more convenient to the client, providing that the lodge has adequate space for the launching of passenger balloons.
- Meet at Kloofzicht Lodge & Spa
- Short briefing with guides
- Transfer to the balloon launch site
- Refreshments are served as you watch the balloon being inflated
- Take-off at sunrise
- Hot air balloon flight of approximately 1 hour
- Keeping with tradition, the flight will be celebrated with sparkling wine and orange juice
- Certificates presented by the pilot
- Transfer back to the lodge
The entire ballooning experience will take 2 - 3 hours.
Good to know
- We require a minimum of 4 passengers to confirm a flight on-board one of our larger passenger balloons. There are two alternatives available, we can provisionally book you onto the date then try to confirm another 2 passengers to fly with you or we can move your flight to the next suitable date
- Guests with any medical conditions, that they feel AirVentures should be made aware of, accept the responsibility to advise us accordingly
- All passengers must be able to stand for the duration of the flight, and must be able to enter and exit the basket
- To conform with the industry accepted practise, we consider it unsafe to fly when pregnant
- Scenic flight of approximately 1 hour
- Sparkling wine and orange Juice
- Transfer back to lodge
- Commemorative Certificate
- Gratuities (optional)
- Sun block
- Wear long pants
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
Looking for more of the best tours, activities and experiences?
Fun, Flight, Food, Fauna and Flora at its exquisite best! Highlights of the Flight...in the midst of the clouds whilst peaking towards the risen sun; the not-so-bumpy and jolty landing; Expert Pilot Adam manoeuvring the balloon with precision and landing us on the trailer...
Strict Cancellation Policy
The guest can cancel free of charge until 7 days before arrival. The guest will be charged the total price if they cancel in the 7 days before arrival.
Terms & Conditions
The beauty of Table Mountain, Lions Head and the Atlantic Sea Board coastline from the comfort of our kayaks is unrivalled. Dolphins, seals, penguins, Sunfish and occasionally whales frequent our Cape Town.